Birth Years: 2011 and younger
Schedule: September to March
Cost: See Registration Page
Start Date: See registration page
All Skaters/players must be registered with USA Hockey, the cost is $48.00 per player (see website for updated costs), this is not refundable, please Click Here for registration information.
- Projected Ice Time: Twice a week (with some exceptions, please stay current with Schedule on Website)
- Saturday 7:00am to 7:50am (subject to change prior to the start of the season)
- Sunday 1:30pm to 2:50pm (subject to change prior to the start of the season)
- exceptions include additional cross ice local games and tournaments
- Location: Ristuccia Arena, 190 Main Street, Wilmington, MA 01887
This program is an in-house, fun introduction to the game of hockey with an emphasis on skills: stops & starts, edgework, and puck handling. There are typically two practices a week and as the season progresses, Saturday is dedicated to skill building and Sunday is dedicated to cross ice 3v3 scrimmaging. Other potential opportunities during the season, depending on timing and availability, include local tournaments and half ice scrimmaging with neighboring programs. Possible call-ups to mite travel team when players are needed based on coach recommendations.
Goals of this level:
- Develop skating and puck control skills of the individual player
- Introduce basic shooting and passing skills
- Introduce goalie position
- Introduce basic game play
Throughout the year, players will participate in a goalie rotation with WYH providing the equipment for the players to try the goalie position. During the cross ice scrimmages, all emphasis is put on going after the puck and not positional play. During half ice or full ice scrimmages more emphasis will be put on positional play. The primary goal is to develop a solid foundation of skating and puck handling skills to build on in the upper levels of Wilmington Youth Hockey.
Questions: Please email
for more information.
Participants should have skating experience
Ideally have completed a Learn to Skate and Learn to Play Program
Skaters are required to bring their own equipment:
Skates, Helmet, Stick, Elbow Pads, Shoulder Pads, Neck guard, Knee/Shin Pads, Pants, Socks, and Shirt